Monday, November 18, 2013

Book Tour: Shattered Ties by K.A. Robinson






Shattered Ties
K.A. Robinson
Date of Publication: November 12, 2013

Synopsis
With a former supermodel mother and a rock-and-roll legend father, Emma Preston has the best of everything. Nothing is as perfect as it seems though. After her parents’ divorce, she’s forced to live with her mother in a private Santa Monica community. Ignoring their parental roles, her mother becomes more focused on climbing the social ladder while her father is off on tour.

Growing up in a trailer park with his mother, Jesse is used to people looking down on him. When his mother begs him to submit an application for a scholarship to one of Santa Monica’s top private schools, he never expects to actually get it. When he does, he is forced to attend school with a bunch of rich kids. He ignores their stares as they judge him for having tattoos and a less than impressive car. As long as he has his surfboard and the guys at the tattoo shop, he knows he can make it through.

When Jesse shows up on the first day of school, Emma can’t help but be intrigued. Her mother would never approve of Emma talking to someone so poor, but she doesn't care because something about Jesse draws her to him.

Jesse tries to hate Emma, but he discovers that he can’t resist her. Forced to hide their relationship from Emma’s mother and everyone else around them, things start to fall apart. When Jesse’s friend, Ally, decides to interfere, things go from bad to worse.

Can they survive their first love? Or will they be left with nothing more than shattered ties?

Book 1 of a 2 book series. 


Excerpt

“So, what’s your story?” I asked, unable to stop myself.
He looked confused. “What do you mean?”
“I was just wondering where you were from.” I gestured to his tattoos. “You don’t fit the mold for most of the guys around here. Did you just move here or something?”
He hesitated for a split second before I saw determination fill his eyes. “Nope. I attended the public school across town all my life. I’m here on a scholarship. As for my tattoos, I like to be creative, and sometimes, I use my body to do it.”

I felt my cheeks turn red from embarrassment. I was sure he could get very creative with that body of his.  
BUY LINK'S:


MY THOUGHT'S on Shattered Ties

Robinson has done it yet again! She definitely has a way with keeping you wrapped up in the story and I know she has that effect on me. The way she’s able to captivate the emotions of each individual character makes you want to be them, and leaves you with wanting more.
Yes it may seem that Shattered Ties is just another one of your love stories but it has one thing that changes it. Good Girl – Bad Boy – Heartbreak – Love. Robinson puts a twist on the story and everything is literally played out before your very eyes.
Then you have the CLIFFHANGER. I’m not sure about you but I get really frustrated with these as it leaves me wanting to know what happens! Wanting more but knowing you have to wait to find out what happens next.


      I give Robinson’s Shattered Ties a 5/5 Stars!



About K.A Robinson
Social Links:






Other Books by KA Robinson

Torn:

Twisted:
Barnes and Noble: 

CLICK HERE FOR THE GIVEAWAY OVER ON K.A. ROBINSON'S SITE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment